Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas magic


Dear Stanger family,
            On behalf of my whole team here at the North Pole, I would like to thank you sincerely for the use of your lawn reindeer.  A little over a week ago, Donner was stricken with a nasty case of Caribou Flu.  It just so happened that on this very day, one of my special elf helpers was visiting the Shelley area.  He was on a secret mission to monitor the behavior of the students of Sunrise Elementary while they were in their classrooms.  As he exited the school, he noticed two white reindeer on the lawn across the street, which was, of course, your lawn.  Knowing of the situation with Donner, he called me on my Santa cell.  I authorized him to use a pinch of North Pole powder, and together, elf and reindeer flew back to my workshop.  Over the next week, we trained your reindeer, whom we have affectionately named Donner 2.0, in the art of team sleigh pulling.  He proved invaluable during our deliveries last night.  So, I now return him to you with my thanks.  I knew a wonderful family such as yourselves would understand.  Donner is on the mend, and hopefully our whole team will be healthy enough to fly next Christmas Eve.  Have a very Merry Christmas, and enjoy your presents.  But, more importantly, enjoy one another.  Remember the most valuable gift of Christmas is being surrounded by those you love.  Also, never forget the true reason for this blessed season; the Babe of Bethlehem. 
God Bless,
Santa K. Claus
  
     
     Here is the letter I came up with.  If you read my last post, you will know that one of our lawn reindeer was stolen, and I concocted a story about Santa "borrowing" our reindeer for his sleigh team.  The kids will find this letter tomorrow morning by Santa's empty cookie plate, upon the return of our deer.  There is so much bad in the world right now, I think maybe once in a while it could use a little more magic, especially where kids and Christmas are involved.  Merry Christmas, and may that little spark of magic that lives somewhere in each of us never be extinguished.  


No comments:

Post a Comment